Auto window tints, when not well-cleaned, presents a disastrous scene. Bubbles and peeling layers are common sights of an ill-maintained auto window tinting. You can also hear a weird sound when you roll down the windows.
Once car tint starts to peel, there is no way to stop it. You will be left with no other choice but to either have the portion re-tinted or remove the entire tint. To avoid such a dreadful thing from happening to your car tint, it’s about time to start cleaning and maintaining your auto window stints.
- Clean your car in the shade.
- Prepare your cleaning agents: ammonia free cleaner, microfiber cloth, bucket and water.
- With a microfiber cloth, spread cleaner on the inside portion of the window. Make sure to remove grime. Be careful that cleaning agents do not get in the edges where it is most like to settle underneath. Bubbles will eventually appear on the tint when cleaning agent gets trapped on the edges.
- If you notice any bubbles, wrap a credit card. Run the card across the bubbles bringing them to the sides of the window. For bubbles at the middle of the window, use a small pin to prick on the bubbles
- Dry the window with a clean microfiber cloth
There are a few things to remember when cleaning your auto window tints:
- If you are using a liquid cleaning agent, mix it in the bucket with water.
- Use two different microfiber cloths: One for cleaning and the other for drying.
- Use distilled water if you have no hard water in your home. Calcium in hard water can cause the tint to have spots or other form of chemical build-up. Check your car windows before and after cleaning.
- Clean the windows of your car the last. If you clean the windows first, dirt and suds from cleaning the rest of the car will get to the windows.
- Regularly wash the inside of the window.
You can make your own tint cleaner with baby soap, alcohol and distilled water. Add 2 tablespoon of alcohol to the spray bottle. Add in a few drops of the baby soap. Fill the spray bottle with distilled water.
You can extend the life of your car window tint but you need to sure that you are only using safe materials. Using cleaner that you made is the best for your car auto window tints.