If you inquire from your local tint shops, you would know that the removal of car window tint is not that cheap. If you have ever tried removing it by yourself, you would have seen that it’s not that easy because window tint removal can be messy.
With that said, we would like to help you out! Here’s a not-so-messy way of removing car window tints. You get to save up on some cash while not stressing yourself out in the process.
- Clothing Steamer
- Extension Cord
- Water (To refill the steamer)
- Old Rags
- Fill the steamer with water. Plug the cord and start the steaming.
- Make sure to open the moonroof of your car as well as the windows. This step is to let the steam out.
- Start by removing the stickers that you no longer want on your windows. While other people prefer using razor blades in this step, it is highly advisable to stick with just using your fingernails.
- Now, it’s time to start removing the car window tint. Let the steamer pass through the windows of the car and once it is inside, look at the edge of the window you are currently working with. You should be able to locate the side of the car tint at the top of the glass windows.
- Continue to steam that area. Make sure to position the steamer at least 2 inches away from the glass.
- After steaming the window, start by carefully picking at the corner of the window film. It is essential to be patient during this process step. If it’s still not coming off, continue to steam some more in that area until it is easier to pick with your fingernail.
- Again, razorblade is not advisable.
- When pulling the window film, do it gently and slowly. Don’t pull too hard or else you’ll break the tint, and you would have to start over again, but this time, it’ll be hard to locate the corners of the tint.
- After successfully removed the film, inspect the glass windows for any glue residues. If so, remove it by wiping it with the rag while pressing hard so that the glue will stick to the cloth.
- Finally, clean the windows with Windex.
And you’re done! That wasn’t hard, was it? Now, that you’ve successfully remove your car window tint, you can treat yourself to a bottle of beer!