You can get the best out of your car window tint by proper and regular maintenance. Anything that is well-taken care has a long-lasting use. The following are the ways on how to maintain your car window tint:
- After window tint installation, make sure not to roll down your car window. You have to patiently wait at least two to four days to let it cure.
- You should not clean your windows right away because it will damage the film. Allow the window film to dry for several weeks.
- Remember to use soft cloth or paper towel to avoid scratches on the window film. Avoid using a cloth that has abrasive materials.
- Never use ammonia-based cleaning products. It causes film color fading. It also loses the adhesive property of the window film.
- Cleaning will be difficult if it is done directly under the sun. Place your car under a roof or complete shade to avoid too much exposure. This might cause issues and will damage your car.
- Do not do anything to any noticeable tiny bubbles and haze.
- In case of a damaged window tint, ask for professional help.
Follow the step-by-steps procedure in cleaning you car window tint:
- Prepare all the materials needed such as soft cloth, water, spray bottle and ammonia-free glass cleaner.
- Spray water on the car window or on the cloth.
- Gently wipe the whole window both in vertical and horizontal manner.
- Double check if there are dirt and streak.
- Repeat the process until perfectly clean.
- Wipe the top portion of the car window.
- Repeat the process on the rest of the car windows.
After learning the steps in cleaning and ways on maintaining car window tint, you can now enjoy its benefits such as the following:
- Your vision while driving is improved.
- Your security and privacy levels are increased.
- You are protected from glare and direct sunlight.
- You save money, fuel, and energy.
- Your air conditioning system can have a longer lifespan.
- You can drive with eases and comfort because the interior of the car is kept cool.
- You add value to your vehicle.
Some people would say that window tint is only for appearance.But with the right knowledge on cleaning and maintenance, you will make the best use of car window tinting for years.