If you are planning to have mobile window tinting in Greeley, Colorado, you should make sure that you are not violating the laws of Colorado. There are many rules and regulations that you should follow, like the level of darkness of the tint or how reflective you window tint should be. That is why before you search for the “mobile tint service near me in Greeley, Colorado”, you should know all of the laws first.
Here is the car window tinting laws in Greeley, Colorado, that you should be aware of:
Proper Tint Darkness
Visible Light Transmission or VLT is the level of light that is allowed through your car’s window. However, the light percentage that is allowed in Colorado may vary depending on the car that you’re driving.
Here is the required tint darkness for sedans that you should know before asking yourself “Where is the mobile car window tinting near me in Colorado?”:
- Windshield: The non-reflective tint is only allowed to be installed on the windshield’s top 4 inches.
- Front side windows: The window tint should allow a light percentage of 27% or more.
- Back side windows: The window tint should also allow a light percentage of 27% or more.
- Rear window: The window tint in the rear window should allow 27% or more of light.
Here is the required tint darkness for SUV and vans that you should know before you search in Google for the “automotive window tinting near me in Greeley”:
- Windshield: The non-reflective tint should be installed on the top 4 inches of your car’s windshield.
- Front side windows: A total of 27% or more light percentage should be allowed in.
- Back side windows: Back side windows should allow 27% or more light as well.
- Rear window: The rear window should allow 27% or more light.
Window Tint Reflection
Mobile window tinting in Greeley, Colorado, can help reflect the light and reduce the heat and glare as well. Colorado has certain window tint reflection laws that you should know.
Here is the required tint reflection for sedans, SUVs, and vans:
- Front side windows: There should be no mirrored or metallic appearance on your front side windows.
- Back side windows: There should also be no mirrored or metallic appearance on your back side windows.
Other Colorado Window Tinting Laws
Colorado has other significant rules and regulations that you should also be aware of. The additional rules are listed below:
- Side mirrors: If your windows are tinted, it is required to have dual side mirrors.
- Restricted colors: Red and amber colors are not allowed in mobile window tinting in Greeley, Colorado.
- Certificates: Manufacturers of window films are not required to have certificates in selling films in Colorado.
- Stickers: The laws of the state recommend but doesn’t require having stickers that identify if the tinting is legal.
- Medical exceptions: The laws of Colorado do not have medical exceptions for installing a special car window tint.
These rules may vary. It is better to ask you law enforcement authorities before bringing your car to a mobile car tint service in Colorado. Laws in mobile window tinting in Greeley, Colorado, should be followed to avoid certain penalties.