If you cannot afford the cost of high-end marine window tinting there is another way. Do-it-yourself techniques are now trending, especially for people who are on a low budget. You can definitely install marine window tinting on your own by following these simple steps.
- Prepare the materials and tools needed. Cut the window tint film according to the size and shape of the boat window. It is recommended to cut the tint on a glass board.
- Remove dirt from the boat window using a soapy mixture and soft cloth. Put the soap in a spray bottle then wet the windows.
- Make sure there is no residue by wiping the window using a straight razor. The window must be totally clean before installation.
- Use a squeegee to assure that all dirt is removed.
- Here is the most critical part. Prepare the window film for installation. Be careful in applying the film on the boat window. Do it slowly but surely to prevent bubbles.
- Smooth the film all throughout the edges using a bone tool. Use the hard card to make sure that the window film is placed properly.
- Seal the film and eliminate moisture using a dryer or heat gun. Make sure to use squeegee horizontally on the surface of the heated window film.
- Go back to step number 1 for the remaining windows.
If you’ve had a successful installation of marine window tinting, you will be able to enjoy the benefits it will serve you. The following are the advantages of tinting your boat.
There are times when too much heat from the sun causes discomfort. Taking a break from the heat of the sun inside your boat is possible with window tint installation. You can still enjoy the view of the water without suffering overexposure from the sun’s rays.
Window tint blocks the blinding light of the sun. It also reduces glare from water reflections, allowing you to see better while navigating. It reduces the risk of accidents.
Prolonged exposure to sunlight can damage furnishing inside the boat. It diminishes the beauty and value of the boat’s interior. Damage to the interior can be prevented by installing window tint.
It eliminates the possibility of theft by protecting your important belongings when stored or docked. It keeps the glass together and prevents it from shattering in case of a robbery.
Get marine window tinting and enjoy your weekend holiday on a boat.