If you want to make your driving experience safer while ensuring increased privacy, window tints are an effective option. There are four main types of mobile window tint in Brooklyn, New York. Here, we list the advantages and disadvantages of each type of window film to help you choose the perfect one for your car.
Most auto glass and tint shops in Brooklyn offer dyed films which are made by placing a layer of dye between the adhesive layer and the outer protective layer. Dyed window films are the most cost-effective mobile window tinting for cars in Brooklyn, NY.
- Non-reflective and dark
- Reduces fading from sunlight
- Blocks unwanted glare
- Can result in air bubbles when installed incorrectly
- Can delaminate, meaning layers can separate from one another
- UV rays can break down the dye, changing the color from black to deep purple
A metalized window film is another type of mobile window tint in Brooklyn, New York consisting of several layers. The adhesive base layer bonds the film to your vehicle’s window. Another inner layer serves to block UV radiation. The third layer is a metalized layer responsible for reflecting heat and darkening the windows. A top coat of film is then applied to help prevent scratches.
- Highly effective at blocking heat
- Blocks glare efficiently
- Excellent at blocking UV rays
- Does not fade over time
- Extremely durable
- Can interfere with radio technology and other electronic signals
- Has very shiny appearance
- Costs higher than dyed films
Hybrid films make use of a combination of dyed and metallic film technology. A metallic layer is incorporated for its reflective qualities, and a dyed layer is used to mitigate the metal layer’s shiny quality. Hybrid films are known for their high performance.
- Blocks UV, heat and glare
- Does not interfere with mobile phone or radio signals
- Less costly than metallic tints
- Costs higher than a dyed film
Ceramic Window Film
Ceramic window films have dual UV and Infrared reduction making them the most technologically and advanced type of mobile window tint in Brooklyn, New York.
- Effective at blocking UV and glare
- Film color does not fade
- Allows the functioning of radios, cellphones and other devices at maximum efficiency
- Highly durable
Most costly window tinting option
Have you chosen the right window film type that fits your needs? Then you are now ready to tint your car! You can look up online and search for “auto window tinting near me in Brooklyn” or “mobile tint service near me in Brooklyn, NY” for a list of shops which offer different types of mobile window tint in Brooklyn, New York. Begin the hunt now!