Mobile window tinting in Rapid City has different laws for window tinting. And South Dakota also has a set of laws for window tinting. Make sure to know these laws before you start hitting the Internet about “mobile car tinting near me in Rapid City, South Dakota.”
Passed in 1989, window tinting laws in South Dakota talks about the laws and regulations about window tinting.
Visible Light Transmission (VLT) calculates the percentage of light entering your car through the window and the film. South Dakota has divided it to sedan cars and sport utility vehicles (cars or vans). For sedans, the windshield is allowed to have a non-reflective tint above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line. Front side windows must allow 35% and above, while front and back side windows must allow 20% of light.
SUVs and vans can be allowed a non-reflective tint above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line. Front side windows must let above 35% of light, while the backside and rear windows can apply any amount of darkness applied inches from the top of the window.
Laws for mobile window tinting in Rapid City permit no metallic or mirrored appearance to the front side and back side windows of both sedans and sport utility vehicles.
Asking about “mobile auto tinting near me in Rapid City, South Dakota,” will help you find the tint with less reflection.
Other Rules and Regulations
These are the other laws of the land about window tinting:
- No restrictions for side mirrors.
- Colors of tint are openly restricted.
- Film manufacturers should acquire certifications for their films. Customers should check the dealers for their certifications. So while you search for “mobile car window tinting near me in Rapid City, South Dakota,” take time to ask them about their certifications as well.
- Stickers should be attached between the film and the glass on each tinted window.
- No medical exemptions are given in South Dakota.
Searching about “car tint shops near me in Rapid City, South Dakota,” and “mobile tinting service near me in Rapid City, South Dakota,” and the different laws of the state can be easily found on the Internet.Know that some of the laws do not apply to other states.
Most car owners, especially those who are thinking about getting a mobile window tinting in Rapid City, find this helpful since it keeps them from violating any laws and regulations.