There are mobile window tinting regulations in Cicero, Illinois that need to be followed. Each state has its own car window tinting regulations.
Regardless of the differences in allowable percentages of the darkness of the tint, the common goal is for the darkness not to affect the driver’s visibility on the road. Once blocked, it could be dangerous.
Laws Regarding the Window Tint Darkness
The Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%) measures the amount of light that gets through both the mobile window tinting near me in Cicero, Illinois, and the window.
Law enforcers are equipped with a measuring tool for this purpose. They use it when they apprehend a driver they suspect of having car window tint that is darker than what the law prescribes.
Car owners whose mobile window tinting is darker than what is legal are fined. They are also asked to remove their car window tint and replace it with the right darkness as per the law.
The allowable VLT% auto glass and tint shop in Cicero, Illinois should install as follow:
- A non-reflective windshield about six inches from the top of the windshield.
- Front side and back side window tints that allow at least 35% of light in through the tint and glass.
- Rear window tints that allow at least 35% of light in through the tint and glass.
The law concerning the mobile window tinting in Cicero, Illinois also allows certain combinations as follows:
- A 30%-35% rear side window tint with a maximum of 50% in the front side window tint
- A 30% rear side window tint without a car tint in the front side window
- If your station wagons, SUVs, minivans and similar vehicles are equipped with factory installed MVP privacy glass, you can have car shops near me install window tints of up to 50% in the front side window.
Laws Stating How Reflective Car Window Tints Should Be
There are no restrictions in automotive window tinting near me in Cicero, Illinois when colors are concerned. However, cars are required to have dual side mirrors if the rear window is also tinted.
There are some arguments about car window tint laws. Should car tinting shops in Cicero, Illinois tint car windows only base on what is allowed by law? Should they tint car windows even beyond the darkness that is allowed?
Reputable mobile window tinting services in Cicero, Illinois are aware of car window tinting laws and conduct their business base on these laws.